Our KB 2 way nail file 240 grit is perfect for finishing lower grit filing particularly in the cuticle area and lateral sidewalls and prepping the natural nail for product application and filing the free edge of the natural nail into form and shape.
- Our design includes a precision ruler which allows you to check and measure your enhancements with ease – perfect for in salon or competition.
- Our rectangular shaped file delivers a straight surface area for improved comfort and better hand to eye coordination to give a uniform result.
- All of our nail files are made from the finest and most durable Japanese file paper.
- Reinforced central core for added strength and durability.
- We recommend 1 nail file per customer but following UK legislation our nail files can be washed and disinfected.
Single file - £2.40
Pack of 15 - £20.40
Nailing the grit
There are so many types of nail file, so how do you know which one to use?
All files are coated in a material similar to sand paper, which creates a grit-like coarse surface. Like sandpaper, nail files are graded according to how much grit they contain per square inch.
- The higher the grit, the smoother the file and the lower the grit, the coarser the file. The quality of grit is also important for longevity of your file.
- For natural nails, a fine-grit file (180 – 240-grit) is gentle yet effective.
- Coarse files (80-100 grit) are best for de-bulking acrylic enhancements.
- Medium files (150 – 180 grit) are best to shape extensions of medium thickness and to shape the free edge of toenails, which are thicker than fingernails.
- Fine files (240-600 grit) are best for refining.
- Ultra fine files (600-2400 grit) are used for buffing the nail to a shine.